Taking your first steps…
Our team can help you take your first steps by exploring your abilities and look at the reality of starting a business. We can help you to find ideas and give you free support to turn your passions, interests and skills into a business. We are there to help you, regardless of age, background or circumstances, and you don’t even need to have a business idea!
I need an idea
If you don’t have a business idea, there are hundreds listed here on The Business Factory website.
The Business Factory’s Ideas Bank is a database of business ideas and opportunities. It covers a range of different sectors throughout the region from manufacturing, retail, and services like beauty therapy to on-line ventures such as setting up an ebay store.
The Business Factory also offer FREE Self Employment Introduction workshops every month. The workshops are for anyone wanting to work for themselves but not sure where to start, the workshops will help explore any skills or hobbies you may have and help you to generate a business idea.
Our advisers can help you identify your skills and hobbies and develop them into money making ideas.
I have an idea, what now?
If you already have an idea for a business, our team will help motivate and support your idea to help get you started.
We offer help to anyone wishing to start a business in North Tyneside consisting of:
- Drop in service at the North Tyneside Business Centre, Saville Street, North Shields
- Tailored confidential free advice with a start-up business advisor to help you take the first steps with self-employment
- One-to-one or group mentoring and coaching to explore self employment options in more detail
Both our one to one and group sessions will cover all the need to knows when starting your new business such as:
- Legal and Tax need to knows
- Health and Safety considerations
- Insurance advice
- Market research tips and techniques
- Cashflow forecasting
- Expert tips on how to use both Social Media and PR effectively
- How to determine which business model to use for example Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Company
- How to write a business plan
- Looking at your business idea objectively
- Support and advice to access grants and loans
Weekly workshops, courses, qualifications and networking opportunities including an “Introduction to Self Employment” and exploring business opportunities such as social enterprise and on-line trading.
Make sure you hit the ground running, with a foundation you can build on with our start-up tips.